the most absolutely finite and everlasting top five list I'll ever make, according to today's thumbtack in the timeline of my existence.
10:08 PM

Bet y'all thought I was dead or something.

I'll confess, it's been a while. It's been too long. I've missed the little shared moments of my life (to the small audience who actually reads my blog, whom I'm sure have moved on to the next big thing on YouTube). I've missed transcribing the tiny waves of excitement and anxiety coursing through my little existence. Welp, here I am! In one piece, and having the time of my life.

No jokes, folks.

So sorry for the long-winded title, but I wasn't sure how to put what I'd like to post tonight. I'm sitting here staring around my living room, taking stock. It's been long overdue that I make a permanent (or as permanent as the blogosphere can be) record of the amazing things I am so grateful to call my own after only 23 years chillin on the terra firma. Here' goes.




1. My personality (and wit). 

I am who I am and I cannot change that. If you've ever been 13, you've struggled with that concept. Don't lie. It's such a strange thing to be satisfied. To look in the mirror and think yep, that's what I've got; lemee work it. My body insecurities and anxieties are going to hang out behind my eyes for the rest of my life, I'm sure. But my being, my real self, is only gonna get better. I'm gonna rock it until I can't any longer.

2. My family.

I've always been a family girl. Some people claim they're closer to a specific parent (the term "Daddy's girl" has always made me gag a bit) but I've always just been a family girl at heart. I am my father's daughter, and my mother's baby girl. I'm a ridiculously perfect concoction of both parts, with a bit of a how-did-that-get-there, class clown cherry on top. I've realized now more than ever that family is something that can't be replaced, replicated, or taken for granted. Family is blood and bone. Family is the home you can always go back to.

3. My main squeezes.

Gosh, I'm a lucky son-of-a-gun. I've got this kickass boyfriend who somehow keeps coming home after I try to scare him off with a hormone/rage-blackout cocktail every few days. Somehow we inherited this smarmy, swanky dog that has stolen both our hearts and can do no wrong as long as he makes that damn face (and whines at the sight of the vacuum). Yes, we have a beautiful house and a pretty fantastic lifestyle, and are very much both DINK's (dual-income-no-kids, what did you think I meant??). But with or without the superlatives... I'm just so damn blessed to have them. I'm a happy girl with my boys in tow.

4. My passion.

Whether I do it every day, or whenever the inspiration strikes, I cannot make a top 5 list without photography kickin around somewhere on it. I suppose this goes hand-in-hand with my #1 item, my personality, because really my passion and love for photography is so inherently engrained in my being that I pretty well can't go through one day without thinking about it. My creative juices ebb and flow, some days strong and some days scarce, but I view the world from a deliciously creative perspective, with or without a lens attached. I cannot brag about the wonders of my life without thanking the universe for my ever-astounding sense of imagery and inspiration. It's like the glitter in a kindergarten classroom; wouldn't be the same without it.

5. Sugar and spice, and everything nice chocolate.

Ok. Y'all know me by this point. I'm a chocoholic, a sugar-fiend, and as of late a caffeine addict with the shakes to show for it. But you know what? These things make life worth living, some days. I've made a lot of changes to my diet and overall lifestyle within the past few months. Ups and downs ensued, but throughout the whole process, a little dose of the perfect combination of sweet and salty balanced it all out. You cannot go through life deprived of the good things. I am a strong believer in balance between good and evil; karma, coincidence, and cookies. All things black white and gray. Put some brown sugar on your damn oatmeal and get on with your day. Don't look back.


Signing off feeling satisfied and sleepy. I have a feeling I'll be back sooner than later, this time.

xo



0 comments:

Post a Comment