Let's talk about...
12:23 AM



COFFEE!

Yeah, you heard me. The highs, the lows, the jitters and the gulps. From the gourmet to the gritty, one little bean can go a long way to making your day complete.

I've been around the block. I've tried the green tea fad, and seldom go to sleep without having a nice, warm, honey-sweetened orange pekoe to drift me off to dreamland (caffeinated or not; head hits the pillow and I'm out). But as much as I stray, the only vice that gets me through the thick and thin is my hot, rich, coffee companion.

It's impossible to avoid the fad of coffee, though. You know what I'm talking about. The coffee in hand as you stroll through a store. Coffee in hand as you walk through the park. Coffee in hand in class, before the gym, after the gym, and best of all, at yoga (not spilling a drop as you downward dog towards the floor, I might add). It's trendy! It's something to do with your hands to keep you sane when you run into that kind-of-friend from highschool. And don't get me started on the brand. That one paper cup takes you from commoner to socialite; and for the busy bee not wanting to stop and chat, the right coffee stop could take you to work that much faster (who wants to stop someone motoring with a tray of Starbucks in hand? Clearly you're on a mission). But you can't deny that warm feeling that travels through your body, both literally and metaphorically, when you are holding that cup of sweet (or not so sweet) nectar. 

So why am I talking about coffee like I'm its campaign manager? Well lately I've been incredibly self-reflective. And I couldn't help but notice a trend. This one little thing gets me through the day, gives me ample options for dates with friends, and boosts my productivity like I'm a wind up toy let loose. I've been trying to find things in my life that brighten the dark corners, and turns out, coffee is one of those things. So why not do a photoshoot and write a blog post about it? 

Excellent work, little bean.  


Photo © Hilary Spencer Creative Photography

0 comments:

Post a Comment